Welcome Alumni & Friends!
North Hall is the oldest building at UW–Madison, and the home of the Political Science Department.Credit: Daniel Simanek
UW–Madison's Political Science alumni number over 17,000 and are almost 10 percent of all College of Letters & Science alumni. Our alumni follow a wide variety of career and life paths and are an accomplished and distinguished group.
Explore the links and information below to catch up with the department and with other department alumni and friends.
Connecting Past & Present
We appreciate the desire of our alumni and friends to help today's Political Science students. If you have an internship or job opportunity to share with our students, please email our career services advisor, Dave Nelson, or send them to our general advisor email address.
We will soon be introducing additional ways for our alumni and students to interact. Stay tuned!
Keeping in Touch
We love it when our alumni stay connected to the department, and we'd like for you to join in the fun. Here are just a few ways you can stay connected:
- Check out our newsletters! Whether you're just staying up-to-date or delving deep into the past, it's all there in our newsletter archive.
- Stay connected with our faculty! View our list of current research projects, or check out faculty talks and interviews in our audio and video collection.
- Curious to see where that old friend from class ended up? Check out our alumni stories to see what they've been up to after graduation, or submit your own story!
- Get to know our alumni Board of Visitors!
- Into social networking? Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter!
- Why read history when you can see it? Check out our photo gallery for some glimpses into the department—both then and now!
- Show off your spirit and pride with Political Science gear! (Please note: University Bookstore purchases do not benefit the department financially)
Give a Gift, Create the Future!
Our Political Science alumni are tremendous, and we greatly appreciate your support! When you give a gift to the department, it helps maintain our status as one of best political science programs in the world. All gifts, large and small, help us address key priorities and provide a first-rate education for today's students.